I have sent the non working boards in UK to RetroClinic. This guy is very skilled, he will repair your old Sega PCB easily…
Live from United Kingdom. Work in Progress…
That’s great news! It works!
This PCB is soooo rare (and expensive… We saw one in auction in Japan this year 2015. It was sold at something like 2000€… PCB only. Crazy!), I was a little bit stressed to have some shipping issue. But everything went fine. Let’s have a look…
Very professional package. Not the kind of package you see everyday.
Here they are. New components, and even new PCB feet. Cool.
Ok. Crucial moment. Fingers crossed.
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Yes! It’s working. Incredible. Amazing. etc.
Isn’t it beautiful? One of the best (and may be the best) combinaison of wood, electronics, music and graphic design that humanity has ever done!
That’s amazing… Playing this game after so much time. Awesome, really. With OutRun, this is one of my favorite now.
Don’t worry, there are still plenty of issues to fix:
– Neon is not working. Gonna get a new starter soon.
– Screen is vibrating a lot. Like 1cm up-down, 4 times /seconde… It’s almost impossible to play. But it’s not a PCB problem.
– In test mode, there is still one RAM that is tested ‘Bad’.
And after there are things to enhance on a cosmetic side:
– Wood work on the base (the footstep part is often broken on this cabinet. Too fragile. Bad conception)
– New locks and keys. I have the locks, but no key…
– Touch up painting on both sides.
But the main difficulty was to make the game work. And it’s done.